Birthday Ticker

baby

Monday, April 26, 2010

2 months down

Yep, it's been 2 months since Tony left. I can't believe it's been that long! Deployments with a kid are a different beast~it's like you are lonely but you are never alone! A good Friend and I have laughed over that statement many times. We are getting by, day by day.
Madison is potty training now and that sure is a roller coaster. She like all kids is having good and bad days with it and lots of bad ones..LOL. Life is very interesting lately. She also has been sick for the last 2 weeks (really since December) with allergy issues. She has had a cough ever since our trip home in December and it finally caught up with her and got out of control. I think we are finally on the right track with the proper cocktail of meds for her. She takes 3 allergy medications daily to keep her coughing and runny nose under control. I think we're both stir crazy from being in the house so much lately!
I hear from Tony sporadically. A few days in a row I will get email and then out of the blue nothing. And occasionally I will get a phone call but they are few and far between lately. He transferred to a new Unit (no he didn't get fired from his other job) and now he is doing a Major's billet. He is truly busy every waking minute. The other job was boring but he is not bored anymore. I mailed him a care package and it got to him in 11 days. He has a new mailing address now that he is with 1st BN, 2nd Marines.
Madison and I are trying to stay busy. I have her in mommy and me gymnastics, she goes to a parents morning out each week. And she is in the daycare at the gym while I get to work out. On Thursday's I take her to story hour or we have a playdate with some of our friends. This Friday I have a brunch with the kids planned. Should be fun. I am also planning Madison's birthday party's (yes 2 this year). She will be 3 and since our family is out of state I am having a party for her with them and one here with her friends from NC. It's nice to have things to look forward to.

4 comments:

carrieann said...

Hi, I'm Carrieann and I came across your blog. My husband is getting ready to deploy this will be his 3rd tour. I have two boys so I know how crazy/stressful it can be when they're gone.

wholesale gift bags and boxes said...

I know you guys are very excited! Be ready always.

voip services said...

know you guys are very excited

http://essay-writings-service.com said...

As nice blog,but you could have made this blog more cool if you could configure the language changer pluigin but all the same you have done a good job:)