Birthday Ticker


Saturday, April 18, 2009

Dinosaur World in Cave City, Kentucky

Hey everyone,

Today we took a short drive South on I-65 to a place called, "Dinosaur World". As we drove here from Georgia, it was a place I wanted to check out; seeing a huge Tyrannosaurus Rex from the Interstate. A few weeks ago, a friend of mine went and investigated it with her family. She gave it, "two thumbs up" and since this was going to be the only nice day we will get this weekend we made the trip. I have to say it was a really neat thing to do with the baby and hubby; I was relieved that we all had a great time. I was the only one who had to pay to get in, but even I got a discounted rate ;-)! We walked through the museum, let Madi dig in the sand (she was not a fan AT ALL), saw the big dinosaurs as she howled, "Raaar" as fearsome as she could manage. I think her favorite part was walking around with us; not being strapped down in a stroller. Of course, my tip toeing girl fell down a few times. Hopefully, she will keep growing into her feet. She went on the playground but that didn't workout, because the equipment was too hot to play on. I found one swing in the shade, but she didn't stay on it for long either. Lately, her moods have been like a roller coaster. One minute we are happy and the next huge tears, kicking and screaming. We are on the last day for antibiotics to heal the current staph infection, so I imagine her crankiness was due in part to that. I am also 99% sure we are cutting two year molars as well and all at once we are asserting our independence. It is turning out to be quite a challenge for us all. Funny, I remember thinking to myself, the last time she had a staph infection, "Who is this child; where did my baby go?" I hope she returns to her even tempered nature soon for eveyone's sake. I would say today, over all she did quite well, we only had a few hysterical outburts. She was very tired after we let her walk (actually she ran most of it) around the display part once again. I was thinking (okay hoping) that she would pass out on the way home, but she found the strength to stay awake and fuss the whole way back. She is difinitly testing boundaries; becoming very strong willed. We are having trouble with her keeping her seatbelt straps around her shoulders now. She knows how to un do the harness. So, we look in the back seat and she is waiving her arms around, says, "Hey Mama, Hey Dada!" Little Monkey! I think it's time to introduce a "time out" from now on......dun dun dun. I will let you know how it goes ;-). Here is the problem: how do you have a time out while driving down the road? Let me know if you figure that one out?

By the way, I got a new camera and I am loving it! Tony and I are going to sell the old one on Ebay, but I am so excited to have a true Digital Single Lens Reflex Nikon now. It was time for an upgrade anyway, the old one was starting to be a hassle to use. Nothing wrong with it just noticing some flaws with the old style= Lag times between shots, how long it took to turn on and so on. . .I guess you could say the Easter Bunny knew what I wanted and brought it to me. . . . . only a day early. I think the pictures I have been taking with it are coming out phenominal! Of course, with Madison for a subject it's hard not to get a phenominal picture though....


Nance said...

Peyton would have loved that Dinosaur place. Looks like fun and you did take some cool pics. Can't believe how much she has changed since you guys left. Miss ya'll:)

Erin Davis said...

I miss you guys too! I know Peyton would have enjoyed the dinosaurs....too bad you guys didn't move with us ;-D