Birthday Ticker

baby

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter 2009 and some exciting news. . . .













Easter was very good this year. My mom came up to spend the weekend with us for the first time since we moved to Kentucky. The original plan was that we were going to drive down to Georgia, but as it turned out my Dad wasn't able to be home for the holiday :(. He is going to be getting some time off the first weekend in May and we are going to drive down to spend the weekend with them then. Madison and my mom played, danced, sang, colored and read stories. It was great to see them spending time together. Madison decided at 6:30am on Easter Sunday that it was time to get up, but I convinced her to stay quiet until 7 or so. Tony and I got up and let her see her Easter Basket. Of course, Tony went back to bed and I stayed up to supervise. My mom, Madison and I enjoyed breakfast while watching Madi play with her new toys. We invited the Lopez's to join us for Easter Supper and Egg Hunting after church services. We let the kids color Easter Eggs and then Nicole and I hid them in an empty field by our house. After the eggs were found we let the kids chase bubbles. Everyone was so worn out from all the running around, but it was worth it to see the kids smile and laugh. Although, we missed our GA family, it turned out to be a good idea to stay home anyway, because the baby came up with another Staph Infection. We have been spending lots of time dealing with multiple soakings and a poor baby dealing with a painful boil. This time it wasn't on her toe. . .it was inside her diaper. I have never seen anything like it before. I was happy to have my mom around for her wisdom and moral support. I would have been a basket case without her by my side. Madison did have a great time visiting with her "Gammy" despite the pain from the infection. We have all been treated for the infection now, and hopefully once this clears up it will never come back to our house again! It looks much better now and it finally drained on it's own. I get to take her back to the doctor for a follow-up once we are done with the antibiotics.

So the exciting news is that this Davis Family is moving to Camp LeJeune, North Carolina. I am a little overwhelmed by it all, thinking of a move coming up to a strange place, but I am ready to see what lies ahead....If you are in the area or close by it's not too early to start planning a visit, or heck drop in while we are here; we'd love to have you!

I'll keep you posted as more details trickle down. . .

No comments: