Birthday Ticker

baby

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Home for the Holidays

It's good to be back home. Madison is not acclimating to the time change well at all. She is going to bed around 6pm and then wakes up at 3am. I am not adjusting to the this routine well either. I need more rest! I know she is on the verge of cooperation but we have picked up many-many bad habits already. That is what family is for and since she has only been around her family once since she was born; they, and her are making up for lost time. She played with her Gammy and Papaw and on the 2nd day her Great Granny Gravitt came to see her and brought her a huge present to open. It was full of good things for her to play with. I am so excited for Madison to know her Great Grandmother and Grandparents. It has been a long time since she saw them. The next day we went to see Grammy and Grand Daddy in the mountains at Big Canoe. After that it was back to the city, for Cousins, Aunts and Uncles. Great Granny Gravitt made dinner for us (at age 86) and it was delicious! Madison had a wonderful time being the center of attention. My parents had a dinner date with a group of their old school mates and Madison was passed around like the bread basket! She never meets a stranger. All those Grand parents enjoyed talking with her and playing with her; a true social butterfly. She was saying thank you and hey to them all. We have just had a blast bouncing from one social thing to the next. Tony and I finally got to do some Christmas Shopping and took Madison to get her pictures made for Christmas. She didn't cry when sitting on Santa's knee but she didn't want to smile. I got a little smirk out of her. Our Mall has a Carosuel inside and a Train so we had to ride both. We got a pick in front of the huge Christmas tree at the Mall of GA and as usual it was raining, but only a drizzle. It has done nothing but rain since we showed up. The state of GA has had terrible droughts for two years; so we must be good luck for them. It's just terrible to drive around in it and shop. I am happy to report that I am done with Christmas Shopping, and Christmas Cards got mailed today. They may be late for you but you all know my motto! BLTN. I stayed up til 11pm getting them all addressed and stamped. I have had them ready to mail since before the move but just had to wait on pictures. I still have to wrap a buttload of presents but I may cheat and just open all Madi's toys for her to see on Christmas morning. For the next 4 days we will be with Tony's side of the family. We are going to open presents with the cousins tomorrow and then on Christmas Eve we are going to My side of the family for our "traditional" free-for-all. The adults draw names but every child gets a present from each family~over 10 gifts a piece. You can imagine the chaos that is envoked. This year it will be at my Mom and Dad's house. We are going to stay in Buford, with my parents until the 28th or so. We will stay with the Davis's until Tony leaves for KY. He has orders to report on Jan 1, 09; Madison and I are going to stay behind until he gets a date for delivery of our house stuff. So if I don't get to see you by the end of the year, maybe I will see you in 2009. . . .



well I better go it's late already and my daughter is a really early riser these days!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i can only say i love it